The Malta Medical Students’ Association (MMSA) held its election yesterday, the 25th of March, which yielded the new executive board for the upcoming term. Subsequently, an online meeting was held that evening to announce the new exec, which boasted over 90 attendees. Of note, from the 700 eligible votes, 419 total votes were cast. This indicates a voter turnout of 60%.
The new members of the board include the following:
- President: Nicholas Galea
- Vice-President for External Affairs: Martina Chetcuti
- Vice-President for Internal Affairs: Martina Formosa
- Secretary General: Donnah Agius
- Treasurer: Maya Morrow
- Public Relations Officer: Katrina Buhagiar
- Exchanges-In Officer: Emily Diacono
- Exchanges-Out Officer: Connor Shaw
- Public Health Officer: Adriel Camilleri
- Medical Education Officer: Rebekah St John
- Sexual and Reproductive Health Officer: Emma Azzopardi
- Peer Education and Training Officer: Anneka Pace
- Human Rights and Peace Officer: Yahia Aldaghili
- Electives Officer: Andre Chetcuti Caruana
- Leisure Officer: Lara Bugeja
- Supervising Council with BD Experience: Timothy Borda and Leanne Fava
- Supervising Council without BD Experience: Daniel Zammit Lupi
President-elect and former Medical Education Officer Nicholas Galea said, “I am extremely honoured and humbled to have been trusted to lead this great association. I look forward to working with the entire board of directors-elect, as well as with all other members to ensure that this upcoming term will be a memorable one, and one that each MMSA member can look back on with pride.”
Additionally, as per the previous years, the AGM was carried out over the entire week, which included the presentation of candidates on Tuesday and the candidates’ debate on Wednesday, which was organised by the Electoral Commission.
On behalf of Insite we wish the new executive a wonderful and fruitful term!