The Gozo University Group held its Annual General Meeting on the 16th of May 2021 online due to the current Covid-19 situation. This year’s meeting was held earlier than previous years due to an amendment to the statute.
The AGM was chaired by Renée Formosa and during it the new executive team members were elected and new amendments were introduced to the current statute. The previous Executive Members gave a summary of their respective roles and experiences throughout the year. The former president, Mark Farrugia in his report, pointed out that although this year’s events were very limited due to this current pandemic, a great effort was still made to make the best out of the situation. In fact, events and meetings were still held throughout the year which were successful, one of them being the GUG’s Car Treasure Hunt. Farrugia’s time as President has come to an end, however taking his place is Owen Teuma who has worked closely with him for the past years. As a former Mcast Officer, Teuma has gained great confidence and experience and is determined to lead GUG with great motivation.
The GUG’s new executive is:
- President: Owen Teuma
- Vice-President: Estelle Scicluna
- Administration Secretary: Monique Camilleri
- Information Secretary: Danica Sultana
- Events Officer: Christine Sultana
- Social Media Officer: Rebecca Grech
- Financial Officer: Michele Scicluna
- Public Relations Officer: Daisy Grima
- Education Officer: Matthia Mercieca
- Social Policy Officer: Clara Scibberas
- International Officer: Eric Grech
- Marketing Officer: Claire Gauci
- Mcast Officer: Matthias Refalo
On behalf of Insite Malta we wish the new executive good luck!