The Daphne Caruana Galizia Foundation is hosting an online webinar for all students and for anyone else interested in learning about human rights next Friday 10th December at 6pm.
The aim of the webinar is to teach students about how human rights are applied in Malta and why they should consider a legal career in human rights. Topics will range from the environment, prisons and detentions, mitigation and freedom of expression, and how these issues impacted specific victims and, at times, society at large.
Speakers in this event will be lawyers and members of the Public Interest Litigation Network (PILN), a project funded by the foundation.
The speakers of this event are:
- Tina Urso (The Daphne Caruana Galizia Foundation) as the chair;
- Dr Martina Farrugia (PILN Chair);
- Dr Eve Borg Costanzi (PILN Committee Member);
- Dr Claire Bonello (PILN Member);
- and Dr Cedric Mifsud (PILN Member) as speakers.
The webinar is supported by the Active Citizens Fund.