Many people have armed themselves with oven mitts since March; Baking has become the therapeutic way of handling stress since we cannot scream and shout about the pandemic, I mean we can but what good will that do? Here are a few easy and simple recipes for mouth-watering goodies to keep your serotonin levels sedated whilst being stuck inside.
2-Ingredient Oreo Truffles
Who doesn’t like Oreos? These simple and delicious truffles will turn out looking great and mouth-watering and the best part is, you only need two ingredients
Ingredients (12 servings)
- 3 packets of Oreos
- 1 packet of cream cheese
- Place half of the Oreos in a food processor or crush in a zip lock bag until they turn into crumbs and put aside
- Put the remaining half of the Oreos in a food processor along with the cream cheese and process until the mixture turns into a smooth consistency
- Place the Oreo and cream mixture into the freezer (uncovered) for approximately 15 minutes
- After you’ve taken the mixture out of the freezer, take it by the tablespoon and form it into balls
- Dip the balls into the Oreo crumbs that were crushed at the start and refrigerate for around 45 minutes before served. Keep refrigerated.
I swear by this recipe and after you’ve tried it, you’ll understand why. This recipe gives you around 20 delicious cupcakes and the best part is, you can modify it to your own preference with very little effort
Ingredients (approx. 20 servings)
- 2 ½ cups (325g) all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (400g) sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- ½ cup (120ml) vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup (250ml) water (only if the mixture is too dry)
- 1 large chocolate bar
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 °C/ Gas Mark 4
- Place all of the ingredients (except for the water) in a large mixing bowl and mix until it forms a creamy consistency. If the mixture is too dry, add water very slowly at intervals and if the mixture is too runny, do the same but with flour
- Crush into small pieces the large chocolate bar and add to the mixture until it’s even
- Line a cupcake tray (don’t forget your baking paper/cupcake holders!) and place the mixture into the cases and bake at 180 °C for around 30 minutes
- Insert a toothpick into the cupcakes to check whether or not they are finished, if it comes out clean, that means they’re done!
Chocolate Banana Bites
This yummy and somewhat healthy snack is super easy to make and is definitely not time-consuming! The combination of chocolate and banana go super well together that you will find it hard to stop snacking!
Ingredients (approx. 30 servings)
- 3 bananas (preferably ripe)
- ½ cup of melting chocolate
- Peel and slice the banana into circles around 2 cm thick
- Temper the chocolate by using a double boiler. This is done by filling in half a sauce pan with water and placing the chocolate bar in a glass or metal mixing bowl on top of the saucepan. Allow the chocolate to melt, stirring occasionally until it reaches a smooth consistency
- While the chocolate is melting, line a baking dish with baking paper and after the chocolate has melted, dip the banana slices into the melted chocolate and place on the baking sheet
- Freeze the banana slices for around 30 minutes and keep refrigerated to serve cool.